All Images on this blog require permission from Designer prior to use.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Newspaper Ad: MusicFest 2011

                                          Final Ad
                                           Rough Draft
                                           Thumbnail Sketches


Every year over 40 red dirt music bands converge on Steamboat, Colorado to put on the biggest Red Dirt festival outside of Texas. It’s a 5-day concert series where 40 bands play at 4 different venues in Steamboat. To go to the concerts you must buy a whole week pass that allows you entrance into the concerts, a 3-day lift ticket on the slopes, and lodging for the duration of the festival.
Most everyone that goes to the Music Fest travels from Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Inspiration for my design came with the thought of a “Texas Takeover in Colorado.” So I wanted to find a unique way to combine Texas and Colorado. The obvious choice was to use mountains as the representative for Colorado, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with Texas. My first idea was inspired by a tattoo I saw on a Texan one time. He had the Texas flag inside of his fraternity letters, which I thought was pretty cool. I was going to used this idea for the mountains, but after doing a few more thumbs I came up with the idea to hang a cowboy hat from the mountain peak. Which led to what you see as my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment