All Images on this blog require permission from Designer prior to use.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Variable Data Project-PrepsKC


When we were first introduced to the Variable data project I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I interned with a new sports network in Kansas City that covers high school football exclusively called PrepsKC. This network is booming and their first season went as planned, but still some people in the metro area have not heard about them, even though they are the best in the business in high school football coverage. Since it was nearing playoffs I thought a cool way to get the PrepsKC name out would be through a direct mailer. My two audiences were going to appeal to either Kansas HS fans or Missouri HS fans, since PrepsKC covers the entire Kansas City area.
            I wanted something that was going to be direct and to the point while at the same time encouraging people to head to the website. Also, on the design I said “Follow your favorite team through the playoffs” knowing that not everyone’s favorite team did in fact make the playoffs. I decided to still use that line because it would excite everyone that’s team did make the playoffs, but still spark interest to people who’s team didn’t make the playoffs.
            I used the PrepsKC logo and then drew the states around it. I also used red because that’s the main color of PrepsKC plus it’s a bright attractive color that while get peoples attention when looking through the mail. 

                                             Thumbnail sketches
                                             Back Printed Proof: Address and info is variable data
                                           Front Printed Proof: the state of KS is variable data
               
                                            Front Printed proof: State of MO is variable data

No comments:

Post a Comment